Systems Engineer - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Act as an integral part of an enthusiastic, growing team of Operational Engineers
- Continuously unblock different teams in the company providing Ops services
- Write code to automate routine Operations’ tasks
- Build, automate & deploy operational infrastructure onto our Cloud environments
- Mentor and assist team members to keep up with current technologies
- Learn and grow your skills even further and extend them among teams
- Your interdisciplinary approach allows you to easily navigate through Windows and Unix based Operating Systems
- Experience managing and working in Cloud environments, knowledge of OpenStack is a plus
- Consistent use of metrics, and logging as a whole, to solve the more complex problems by measuring and analyzing the results
- Solid experience managing soft and hardware load balancers, cloud native edge routers, and API gateways
- Experience with the HashiCorp stack (Consul / Vault / Nomad / Terraform)
- Willingness to share knowledge and act as a mentor to colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to work, enjoy being part of a team and have excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Have a proven track record as an intermediate or senior systems engineer with 5+ years of experience in this field
- Very strong Linux and Unix fundamentals, server automation, scripting, networking and security
- Very strong Windows Operating System fundamentals, knowledge of SCCM is a plus
- Understand configuration management from the ground up; you have built long lasting reproducible environment infrastructure that withstand time using IaC & Configuration Management tools like Saltstack & Ansible
- Have substantive experience managing containerized systems such as Docker and management systems like Nomad or Kubernetes
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.