System Administrator - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
- Act as an integral part of an enthusiastic, growing team of Operational Engineers and System Administrators
- You will support the business needs by collaborating with developers and other partners which reflects into changes on the platform.
- You will respond and solve incidents and issues that may occur on our platform.
- Learn and grow your skills even further and extend them among teams
- Participate in the On-Call rotation to minimize and resolve operational issues
- Strong and proven Linux OS knowledge preferably Debian
- Experience with virtualization such as VMWare or KVM, OpenStack is a plus
- Knowledge of and ability to use scripting & programming languages
- Solid understanding of internet services like DNS/HTTP(S) and hosting technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills & Team player
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to time manage and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong affinity with security
- 3+ years experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or in a related field experience
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.