Observability Engineer - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
About the role:
Are you excited by tech? Does solving cool problems empower you to come into work every day? Do you see your job as more than just a paycheck? Do you care deeply about system reliability? Are you looking to redefine how on-call is done, so that it doesn't feel like constant firefights? If this sounds like you, then this may be the role for you!
The Tucows Observability team is a new group that's passionate about achieving system reliability by applying modern observability practices. We love working with smart, motivated people, and we love learning from each other!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Contribute to defining "golden path" Observability standards
- Define and promote Observability Driven Development (ODD) standards across the organization
- Build tools for automating deployment and operations of the Observability stack
- Collaborate closely with other internal stream-aligned teams
- Collaborate in a remote-first environment
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- A love for solving interesting problems
- A software engineering approach for solving operational problems
- A passion for Observability Engineering principles
- Experience with modern observability, logging, tracing, and/or monitoring tooling (e.g. Honeycomb.io, Lightstep, DataDog, OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Graylog)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi)
- Extensive configuration management experience (e.g. SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Container orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad)
- Experience with Go, Python or another low-level programming language
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.