Product Manager, Internet - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Ting Internet is a leading fiber Internet provider in the United States, delivering future-proof internet in over a dozen Ting Towns across the country.
We are rapidly growing our footprint, and with a national focus on better infrastructure, we don’t expect to slow down anytime soon!
As part of Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC), Ting is backed by outstanding resources and talent. We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
The work we do genuinely changes lives. If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
As Product Manager for the ting internet platform, you will help drive product strategy and partner with cross functional teams to design, deliver and drive the evolution of our ting internet platform and the products and services that rely on it. You will be responsible for the success of platform features from overall alignment to specific product requirements through to delivery to market and end-of-life. You are a strategic problem solver, continuous learner, and active contributor with the proven track record to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
What You Will Do
- Conduct product discovery sessions with stakeholders to determine product requirements using curiosity and empathy and use that knowledge to develop a strategic roadmap that aligns to ting internet’s overall objectives
- Gather and synthesize market, customer, technology, and competitive research to identify product enhancements and new opportunities for innovation
- Collaborate with designers, software developers, QA Engineers, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience team members to define a vision for your product and features
- Act as “Product Owner” by leading the complete product development lifecycle in an agile environment, write product briefs and user stories, manage priorities, and actively develop and execute your product roadmap
- Effectively translate the product vision and roadmap into product initiatives, including functional needs, supported use cases/workflow constraints and success criteria
- Create and manage product success metrics that are easily understood and build action plans to show progress against priority metrics
- Proactively coach and mentor other Product Managers and assist with recruitment efforts
- Provide thought leadership on Product Management principles and techniques
- Help drive continuous improvement in the product management practice
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing products from strategy to design and through to development in an agile environment; preferably targeted at enterprise users but with consumer-services-like interfaces
- Strong background in Product Management principles with a deep understanding of what it takes to design, build and launch B2B SaaS products
- In-depth understanding of ISP and telecommunications business and technology
- Experience delivering solutions based on distributed, event-driven architectures
- Proven experience supporting ideas with data, and can turn internal and external feedback into valuable product requirements
- Knowledge of technology stacks used in cloud-based products to thoughtfully engage with developers on technical decisions related to your product
- A user-advocate who’s looking to disrupt the market with products that drive value, delight users and align with product strategy
- Highly adaptable and flexible - you’re as comfortable selling your product vision to leadership as you are writing product briefs and user stories
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.