Marketing Analyst - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
As Tucows continues to grow, we are searching for a seasoned Market Analyst to join our Wholesale Domains business. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, your role will be to conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research, data and information to support strategic decision-making, business planning and go-to-market strategies. You are a numbers guru with a flair for business storytelling based on data insights.
In your role, you will:
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Monitor, measure, identify business trends utilizing real data to provide feedback on performance
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses using operational metrics, data and reports
- Build informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for growth
- Produce monthly and quarterly runbooks of key performance metrics for marketing
- Manage the segmentation model and target demographics for Tucows wholesale domains resellers
- Analyze marketing and business metrics to identify cause and effect relationships, and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with marketing and product to provide market and business insights and produce management reports and dashboards
- Use information from user testing, marketing, registry operations and product - and external industry professionals, to conduct primary and secondary research
- Meet with stakeholders regularly to validate and verify assumptions and present insights and findings
- Verifiable market and business analysis experience, at least 5-7 years in a similar role
- Outstanding knowledge of statistical or business intelligence software, including Looker, spreadsheets, and general databases
- Familiarity with search engines, business research tools and web analytics, including CRM programs
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation abilities
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Proven experience with data collection methods, portfolio of surveys, polls and focus group results a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field, ie; statistics or data science
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.