Manager, Data Engineering-Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the opportunity
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
Tucows is looking to add a Manager, Data Engineering to our Analytics, Insights and Reporting team, reporting to the Head of Analytics & Insights. Together, we’re responsible for all of the reporting, analytics, data flows, visualization, and related business intelligence operations within our quickly growing company. We’ve got a lot of data, and we’re looking for someone to help us get the most out of it.
You and your growing team of data engineers, data devops, and dba will work with business, product, and engineering stakeholders to help them get actionable insights out of our data. This means ensuring that the data architecture, quality, and availability can support every decision that needs data.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help to evolve and scale the data platform and infrastructure to enable the business
- Spend some of your time making hands-on technical contributions
- Work closely with the analytics team and business stakeholders to understand the needs of the business providing data processes to support business decisions
- Manage and contribute to the creation of large-scale batch and real-time scalable data pipelines (ETL/ELT)
- Lead, develop and grow your team of data engineers, data devops, and dba
- Optimize the performance of our data platform and improve data quality
- Employ best-practices practices in continuous integration and delivery
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- You have at least 2 years of leading a software/data engineering team
- You have experience building scalable and reliable data pipelines, combining and transforming data from sources to consumption, and architecting data stores
- You have experience with one or more data processing frameworks
- Have hands-on experience with dimensional modeling
- You have SQL skills and have experience with open source RDBMSes, No-SQL, messaging, and event streaming platforms, like Postgres, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, and Kafka
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You love to collaborate, are a good team player, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with
- Have experience with cloud data technologies
- Applied predictive modeling and machine learning engineering experience is a strong plus
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.