DevOps Engineer - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Tucows provides domain names, Internet services such as email hosting, and other valuable services to customers around the world. We also provide mobile phone services all across the U.S., and crazy fast fiber Internet access in select U.S. towns and cities.
We've given some serious thought to who we are as a company, what our goals are, and how we're going to achieve them. We have made a dedication to the principles that guide our everyday decisions.
We work as a team to exceed our customers' expectations. We protect the Tucows brand by delivering the highest quality standards in every aspect of our business. Even though we’re a pretty large company, we strive to limit bureaucracy and get good ideas off the ground quickly. We believe anyone, at any level in the organization, can bring forward ideas, initiatives and creative input.
Our platforms provide 24x7 availability and a high degree of scalability and enable millions and millions of email messages, API calls, and transactions, every day. We work in real-time, so it requires a steady hand and a cool head.
We are inviting experienced, DevOps engineers to join our team, which builds and maintains a host of services that are used across all of Tucows’ major business units. We are evolving our platforms to microservices to enable functions within Tucows across all of our platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Work as an embedded member of an Agile team to provide end-to-end responsibility for applications and microservices.
- Build automation to provision infrastructure as code to cloud platforms.
- Enable secure application infrastructure with secure secret storage, dynamic secrets, and data encryption.
- Enable developers to continuously build and deploy via cluster management and schedulers, and service discovery via a service mesh.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are
- Have DevOps experience and a consistent record of automating the provisioning of infrastructure as code.
- You have experience with CI/CD automation.
- Have experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting.
- You have experience managing load balancers, cloud native edge routers, and API gateways.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be
- Someone with experience with the HashiCorp stack.
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.