System Architect, Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. As an Internet company, our culture, experience, and approach position us well to take advantage of these.
If you are a seasoned System Architect who is excited to shape a new and evolving architecture as we scale from zero to millions of users, we may have a job for you!
- Own the System Architecture of a new Event Driven system designed to handle millions of users
- Create and own an Architectural Roadmap, working closely with Product and Scrum teams to deliver it
- Identify and prioritize Non Functional Requirements and ensure our System Designs allow these to be met
- Lead design and solutioning of new projects and features
- Establishing Best Practices in areas such as Development, System Design, Performance, CI/CD, Observability
We are looking for people with the following:
- 5+ years of experience leading architecture and design for a highly scalable system
- 3+ years working with Microservices and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad
- Hands on experience with Apache Kafka and Microservices
- Deep understanding of DDD, Event Driven Architecture Patterns, and Event Sourcing
- Experience working closely with Product Owners and Scrum teams to meet goals
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and coordinating technology choices
- Experience working in scaled Agile environments and supporting a multi-scrum team development project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with mentoring teams and individuals
Why work with us:
- You enjoy working with a fully remote company
- You want to work with cutting edge technologies
- You enjoy greenfield software development
- You excel at solving problems at scale for millions of people
- You want to work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry
Nice to have:
- Experience with one of Go, Ruby, Python
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience with the Nomad, Consul, Vault, and the Hashicorp stack
- Experience with Datadog
- Experience with C4 Models or another modelling method
- Experience designing Restful APIs
- Experience designing and improving CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in the telecoms space
More about Tucows
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) has been on a mission to make the Internet better since the days when people unironically called it “The Information Superhighway”. From our origins in shareware distribution, today we operate the second largest domains registrar in the world and provide phone and Internet services in the US through our Ting brand.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada and with offices in Europe and the US, Tucows employs close to 1000 people worldwide. We have been a remote-friendly company for years, with some folks being 100% remote, others come into an office some days and some being mostly in the office (at least when it’s not a pandemic).
We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.