Head of Talent
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will provide hands-on leadership and direction to the Talent team, whose primary accountability is sourcing and recruiting high-quality candidates to the organization. You will develop and enhance processes governing all aspects of the hiring cycle, including effective candidate screening. You will continuously demonstrate unequivocal dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion, while encouraging strong collaborative partnerships with our internal customers, to successfully attract and retain a diverse and high-performing workforce. In addition to being a strategist and an empowering leader, you will also be an accomplished recruiter who will be comfortable actively recruiting when required.
What you'll be doing:
- Work cooperatively with members of the greater people team towards the cultivation and maintenance of an authentic, inclusive, and people-first culture.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with external recruiters, professional associations, and/or other organizations that will help to ensure access to a continuous pipeline of strong employment candidates.
- Develop the Recruitment strategy, in close collaboration with management, and in consultation with other HR functional areas and key leaders throughout the organization, to support the People Team initiatives as well as broader organizational goals.
- Talent team strategy will be informed and shaped by your comprehensive knowledge of labour markets, industry trends, and best practices, and your aim to continually stay up-to-date on all developments in your areas of expertise.
- Define, accurately measure and interpret key recruitment metrics, and effectively draw upon this information to guide strategic initiatives, develop processes, and keep Management informed of key developments, as well as establish data-driven support for initiatives and cases for additional resource allocation, when appropriate.
- On a company-wide scale, apply high-quality metrics towards organizational visibility and provide high-level “snap-shots” of information to promote recruitment efforts and outcomes to the rest of the organization.
- Provide mentorship, support, and an active interest in the career development of the individuals on the Talent team, while striving to inspire and keep everyone highly engaged. You model an openness to change, facilitate the flow of new ideas, and ensure the workplace remains a “safe” environment for self-expression.
What you'll bring:
- Experience owning and leading the recruitment function, preferably in the high-tech industry.
- Demonstrable track record leading, mentoring and motivating people to creatively overcome challenges in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience recruiting globally would be a strong asset.
- Ability to thrive in a constantly evolving work environment; comfort with ambiguity and undefined processes.
- An aim to seek new opportunities and challenges, with the self-motivation to continue to develop and grow individually and support the growth of those around you.
- A willingness to jump from strategic to tactical, and back again as necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills paired with the ability to problem-solve with an innovative, yet pragmatic approach.
- An ability to influence others and challenge conventional thinking; a fearless approach to offering new, “outside of the box” ideas.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent abilities in both short-range and long-range planning and goal-setting for the recruitment function in collaboration with senior management.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.