Fiber Deployment Technician - Travel Team
Are you ready to be part of an energetic and growing team with the expansion of "Crazy Fast Fiber Internet" service across the U.S.?
About the opportunity:
This position is responsible for being a part of a fiber installation and service team. This position reports to the Fiber Installation Manager in the local market where they reside. However, when traveling, the team member will take work direction from that market's local Fiber Installation Manager. This position is responsible for performing daily scheduled installations and service calls to deliver our services to residential and commercial customers. This process includes installing and splicing fiber, activating services, educating customers, and troubleshooting when necessary.
The Travel Team Deployment Techs will receive per diem pay every day they are traveling. The Travel Team Deployment Techs will be trained with the same materials as all Deployment Techs. Travel team members will need additional training regarding travel team policy, process/procedures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working / Traveling to multiple markets
- Always considering Safety First when working and driving
- Interfacing with customers daily
- Driving company vehicle
- Assessing different installation scenarios, and effectively determining required time, approach and equipment
- Installing cable required to connect customers to fiber-optic Internet service
- Splicing fiber optic on-premises
- Completing fiber optic installation for residential customers
- Working indoors and outdoors during the installation process
- Working with hand tools and test sets to complete the installation process
- Working from ladders
- Liaising with OSP Technicians for any fiber restoration efforts
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are accurately checked out from Inventory
- Participating in local marketing events as needed
- Conducting site surveys as required
- Attending meetings as required
- All other duties assigned by the manager
What you’ll bring:
- Telecom or Data Wiring and Installation experience preferred, we will provide on the job training.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to effectively communicate in real-time with multiple team members and business partners is required
- Ability to identify and remedy service affecting problems
- Ability to work outdoors, and comfort working with hand tools, ladders, and test equipment
- Ability to Travel 80% (4 out of 5 weeks)
- Acceptable Driving Record
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.