E-Learning Specialist (6 month Contract) - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join an enthusiastic, agile and high-performing Learning & Development team. You will also be an integral member of the broader People team, a busy and growing group of highly collaborative, talented professionals, offering an environment where creativity and new ideas are welcomed and nurtured.
We’re looking for an experienced e-learning course developer to join our L&D team as an e-Learning Developer. Our team vision is to promote a culture of learning at Tucows that opens the door to personal and professional growth. While our mission is to offer learning that is accessible, human and fun, and which challenges the L&D stereotype.
You will partner with various teams within the organization to design, develop, implement, and oversee innovative e-learning solutions to help us in achieving our business objectives. Your responsibilities will be broad, varied and have a far-reaching impact. Rest assured, you will not be bored in this role.
This is a 6 month contract position.
- Design and deliver engaging training using various training modalities including, but not limited to: online, video and via other broad reach vehicles firmly grounded in adult learning principles
- Be the champion for accessibility (AODA) and course consistency
- Proficiently use authoring tools like Articulate Storyline and Rise to build eLearning courses
- Be a Subject Matter Expert for all things eLearning, including instructional design and adult learning theory
- Create, manage, and deliver engaging training across multiple mediums and tailor material to suit varied learning styles
- Utilize your strong technical and creative writing skills to engage course participants
- Integrate adult learning best practices and thought leadership into eLearning courses
- Develop high quality eLearning courses on time and align content with an overall learning outcomes strategy
- Address changes and feedback to course deliverables in a timely manner
- Evaluate training outcomes
- Develop learning deliverables in various engaging formats (e.g., courses, games, videos, quizzes, and etc.)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with modern LMS (Docebo experience an asset)
- Advanced skills in Articulate Storyline 360 & Rise
- Experience in animation programs (e.g. Vyond) an asset
- Experience with audio and video editing software (e.g. Camtasia)
- 3+ years training design experience creating blended learning solutions both instructor-led and self-paced training
- 3+ years process management for the training development lifecycle, from initial design through delivery and implementation (ADDIE model)
- 2+ years experience with instructional design experience preferred
- Certificate or degree in training, instructional design, learning technologies, or related field an asset
- Demonstrated experience with usability principles an asset
- Graphic design experience with the following Adobe products: Indesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop an asset
- Experience in audio/narration editing an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment;
- Highly capable of dealing with ambiguity, and undefined processes, while proactively and collaboratively working to enhance workflow and ways of doing things.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Ting and Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.