Sr. Manager Project Controls - Remote USA
Remote, Denver, CO
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Ting Internet is revolutionizing Internet access in the United States. With operations in 13 cities, Ting is currently laying the groundwork to prepare their business for rapid expansion. Ting is investing millions in building and operating Fiber networks and partnering with progressive towns across the US to change what people expect from their Internet service provider. We are looking for a creative, disciplined, experienced self-starter to define, build, and grow the Controls function for our business.
As the Senior Manager Project Controls, you will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for this critical new function, enabling our rapid expansion. It’s a big and exciting role for someone ready for a challenge within a dynamic startup environment. In this role, you will get the opportunity to define and drive decision-making around what “good” looks like for planning, cost scheduling, budgeting, consumption forecasting and tracking, and project risk management. You will establish performance insights capabilities to help drive appropriate resource allocation and overall continuous improvement for the business. You will be tasked to build a new team and partner across departments and with our construction vendors to accomplish the aforementioned tasks.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of standing up new processes and new systems/tools for construction scheduling and tracking, budgeting, as well as strong project and program management skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive infrastructure volume and cost scheduling across multiple markets.
- Analyze and report on schedule changes and risks for impact on projects.
- Oversee the development of infrastructure budgets for individual projects
- Establish processes to analyze and control costs throughout a project, with early identification and remediation of potential cost overruns.
- Based on scope requirements, drive the selection, implement, and ongoing operation of systems and tools to enable volume and cost scheduling, budgeting, and consumption tracking.
- Drive the development of a risk identification and mitigation discipline across the construction and service delivery effort to enable on time, on budget delivery.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership.
- 10+ years controls experience including designing processes for new initiatives and efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of large scale infrastructure construction practices; US telecommunications experience strongly preferred.
- Project and Program Management experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of project management software and tools (including but not limited to PRIMAVERA, B2W, and Sitetracker).
- Strong MS Excel skills for budgeting, scheduling, and analysis and reporting.
- A creative problem-solver, who thrives in complex, ambiguous situations and prides themselves on staying one step ahead of potential issues.
- A people-person, who derives energy from working across various stakeholders across multiple teams and companies.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, and help others prioritize.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to hire, supervise, motivate, and mentor others in distributed locations.
- Ability to operate in a startup environment, requiring organizational and strategic agility and resilience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- PMP Certification ideal.
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.