Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
“TUCOWS - OUR STORY”
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
We’re looking for Interface Developer to help build the next generation of our domains control panels. Speaking of the team, it’s a bunch of smart, ambitious and motivated developers. Given that you share these qualities, you’ll fit right in.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we have employees all over the world. We welcome applications from people who wish to work remotely.
This is a completely remote opportunity within Canada and USA.
Here’s what you can expect your work experience to look like:
In the first 30 days:
- Gain deep understanding of our platforms
- Get to know team members working with you
- Implement small stories and fix bugs
- Ensure quality through writing automated tests
- Understand our roadmap and goals
In the first 3 months:
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions
- Collaborate with other team members to drive projects forward
In the first year:
- Work across multiple projects to deliver class leading web applications
- Own technical projects from conception to release
- Work with team leads to translate overarching business strategy and platform design into engineering tasks
- Work with other teams to co-ordinate large scale projects.
- Refactor/rewrite legacy services to improve scalability, observability and other cool stuff related to clean code!
What you’ll bring:
- A passion for writing clean code and solving problems at scale
- Solid understanding of Reactive JS Framework(s)
- Strong foundation in writing code with automated tests
- Experience working with design systems
- Demonstrated performance tuning skills
- Familiarity with using version control systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with API based application development
- Very good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on Github.com with samples of your code
- Experience with SQL & RDBMS
- Experience in the domains space
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.