Customer Advisor - Technical - Enom - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
About the role
Customer Service Advisors at Tucows are the first and only point of contact for our customers.
Our focus is on customer service. That means talking on the phone with customers for hours on end, the continual pressure that comes from the non-stop flow of questions and a work schedule that rotates on a monthly basis. We seek out individuals who understand and embrace this, and we’ve built a team of Customer Service Careerists who thrive in these conditions.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide direct assistance to our customers (external and internal) and work with them to resolve their concerns via Voice, Email and Chat.
- Own each help request, treating each customer with the utmost care, realness, integrity and timeliness.
- Document relevant details to help customers and your colleagues with future requests.
- Search our knowledgebase, training materials and rely on the experience of colleagues, seniors and managers to seek solutions.
- Raise widespread issues or patterns through defined channels.
- Tailor your communications to match your customers' skill level and conversational style.
What you'll bring:
- This is a fast-paced and results-oriented role - you will need to show persistence, calm and control under sometimes stressful conditions
- Are highly organized, quality-minded and able to focus on detail.
- Our most successful Advisors are warm, friendly, upbeat, put a premium on communication, establishing rapport with our customers and other employees and prize helping other people.
- Ability to understand our customer’s needs and make sure that they have the services that fit for them - whether for existing or potential customers.
- Can collaborate and share, not only with your peers but with everyone you work with.
- Aren't afraid to ask questions when you don't know or don't understand and you have a knack for integrating those answers into a growing understanding of awareness of the technical environments your customers work in.
- Have strong critical thinking skills and an ability to quickly resolve issues based on experience and information provided while maintaining a positive customer experience
- Have a good understanding of Inter-networking including switches, routers, servers, cables, racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, latency, etc.
Nice to have:
- IT Certifications are a plus: A+, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, MCSE, etc
- Ability to flex your working hours depending on need - we are a 24x7 team and participate in monthly shift rotations (morning, afternoon and evening.)
- Basic understanding of some of the following (domains, email, SSL, traceroute, dig, telnet, whois, etc.)
- Experience and/or some familiarity with UNIX operating systems
Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Learn more about Tucows, our culture and employee benefits on our site here.