Accounts Payable Specialist-Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the Opportunity:
Tucows is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Finance team. The individual will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable which includes processing of invoices, payment of all invoices, managing check runs and wires, responding to vendor inquiries, updating financial reports, data entry, administrative duties, month end reconciliation of the Accounts Payable subledger, and month end closing for Tucows Group of Companies in a multi-company, multi-currency environment.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Accounts Payable (80%)
- Full responsibility for the day-to-day operations within Accounts Payable
- Direct liaison with and resolution of company vendor questions on any A/P queries/reconciliations
- Direct liaison with auditors on a quarterly basis
- Yearly reporting of 1099’s – creation, completion and distribution
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Forward invoices for approval and verification of approval completeness
- Generate/pull invoices from vendor sites
- Process invoices for payment
- Manage the bi-weekly payment runs
- Record all checks, wires and ACH payments
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Setup vendors, update vendor files and collect tax certificates
Bank Reconciliation (10%)
- Bank reconciliations
Month End Schedules (5%)
- Responsibility for certain month end reconciliations and schedules – e.g. accounts payable subledger reconciliation
Other Tasks (5%)
- Other projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned by the line manager
- 3+ years A/P experience in a fast paced, computerized, multi-company, multi-currency environment
- Sage Intacct or a cloud-based software experience highly preferable
- Strong reconciliation skills and understanding of accounting concepts
- Familiar with Accrual based accounting
- Computer proficient – Microsoft (especially Excel & Word), and Google Docs
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Navigate/learn multiple accounting systems simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships across functions and various levels of the organization including non-finance personnel.
- A proactive self-starter capable of taking initiatives and keeping commitments. Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; well-organized, and capable of handling multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.