Customer Advisor, Onboarding - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
- Responsible for answering inbound calls and chats and making outbound calls to our current and future customers. This includes booking appointments, selling or answering general questions about our services and products.
- Updating all customer information, and details into our systems.
- Working with various teams in order to fulfill the order, from our Field Installation, Technical Support to our Enterprise sales teams.
- De-escalating upset customers, finding solutions that leave the customer in a happier place than when they call/email/chatted in.
- Utilizing a number of software tools that will allow you to work through the life-cycle of an order (Zendesk Sell, Zendesk Chat, Servicemax, Google suite, Slack) and ensure that our customers get the best experience possible.
- A passion for technology, the internet and providing phenomenal customer experience.
- Drive for result, by having previous sales experience, whether it be in the telecommunications space, retail or B2B with a consistent record of achieving critical metric and sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and storytelling skills, with the ability to adjust your communications to our customers needs and Tings value proposition.
- Ability to lead a conversation, and to ask the right questions at the right time is crucial.
- Strong organizational skills and resourcefulness so that you are able to maximize your day and also ensure that you can follow up with customers after their installations are completed.
- Outstanding multi-tasking capabilities, as you’ll be required to communicate with customers, type your notes all while working with multiple tools and resources.
- This is a fast-paced role. We are looking for proactive and adaptable, solution focused individuals who accept the challenges that come with handling multiple customer on-boarding every single day.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience in a support sales environment
- A flexible schedule - Customer Care is a 24x7 team, however, typically the On-boarding team works an 8.5-hour shift (which vary per month) anywhere from 8:00 am to 10 pm ET Sunday to Saturday
Ability to communicate in Spanish (verbal and written)
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.