Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the Opportunity:
Tucows is seeking an Assistant Treasurer to join our Finance team. This individual will have exposures to overall management of the corporate treasury operations and assist the Corporate Treasurer to support the rapid growth of the company.
This person will be instrumental in assisting various financing arrangements, managing day-to-day cash, liquidity and cash forecast, administering drawdown requests, treasury accounting, and assisting in foreign exchange (FX) and interest risk hedging. Additionally, this role will assist on ad hoc projects and achieving Tucows OKRs related to Treasury and Corporate Shared Services.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Banking Relationships (10%)
- Assist the Treasurer in proactively managing bank relations, including periodic relationship reviews, analysis of cash management and/or payment fees and pricing renegotiations.
Cash Management and Liquidity (25%)
- Consolidate monthly recurring 3-month cashflow forecast and 12-month cash outlook. Analyse forecast variance, collaborate with business controllers to improve forecast accuracy.
- Work with Shared Services Manger to continuously improve payment products and platforms.
- Act as day-to-day contact point with banks’ treasury and payments advisors and trouble shoot issues with electronic banking, lockbox, etc.
- Monitor daily global bank balances and recommend facility drawdowns.
- Act as a payment approver for wires, ACH and cheques.
- Assist with management of Tucows’ credit facilities including monitoring cash balances, rollover notices, interest and fees accruals, debt cost amortization, and preparation of quarterly compliance packages.
- Assist in financing arrangements through various types of credit facilities, debt capital market, private placement, private equity, etc.
FX and Interest Rate Management (15%)
- Forecast foreign exchange exposures.
- Assist in conducting foreign exchange and/or interest rate hedging deals.
- Maintain all hedging transaction records.
- Draw down window forwards based on forecasted cash needs and monitor bank executions.
Treasury Accounting (15%)
- Support month-end closing by preparing various treasury related entries including forward contracts, hedge accounting, derivative mark-to-market, intercompany transfers, ZBA sweeping, etc.
System Automation and Ad Hoc/OKR Strategic Initiatives (10%)
- Assist in treasury automation initiatives including system implementations and process enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a closely related field.
- Minimum four years treasury experience required, gained from a complex corporate treasury environment, a financial institution or private equity.
- Good overall understanding of the U.S. and Canadian credit markets, experience with private placement and/or private equity would be a strong asset.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, a CPA or CTP designation is preferred.
- Strong Excel skills including complex formulas and financial modelling capabilities.
- Quick learner, passionate about learning specialized treasury knowledge and techniques.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships across functions and various levels of the organization including non-finance personnel.
- A proactive self-starter capable of taking initiatives and keeping commitments. Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; well-organized, and capable of handling multiple tasks and tight deadlines.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.