Sr. Outside Plant Business Analyst - Remote
Remote, Austin, TX
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As the Senior Outside Plant Business Analyst for Ting Internet you will participate in the evaluation of new markets for our FTTH build. You will provide OSP architectural mentorship, high-level budgetary costing to help drive city selection and decision-making, and bring engineering expertise to the engagement process with cities, counties, utilities, and other partners.
This is a technical role with significant business development and relationship management responsibilities. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert while championing and leading the technical relationship with potential Ting Towns to ensure successful partnership and facilitation of our growth and expansion to new markets.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Establish processes and tools that allow for the quick evaluation of new markets for Ting’s FTTH builds
- Evaluate varying OSP architectures as part of new market analysis
- Attend meetings and represent Ting Fiber as the Outside Plant subject matter expert; manage the technical relationship with potential Ting Towns
- Build collaborative relationships internally and externally to drive successful engagement with cities, agencies, and other stakeholders
- Partner with the Ting Finance team to create high-level budgets for new market opportunities
- Work with the Supply Chain team to understand cost metrics as part of the analysis.
Willing to travel about 30% of the time and work across various time zones.
Experience & qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of FTTH architecture and construction
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Negotiation experience with construction contracts from first conversation to close
- Strong cost development experience a must; experience in developing construction bids is strongly preferred
- Experience working with cities (specifically public works departments, city engineers) strongly preferred
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to balance multiple projects and tasks
- 7+ years Outside Plant and/or Construction experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with project management and/or complex negotiations
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, optical, or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- Industry and vendor specific knowledge is preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.