Program Manager, Enterprise Program, Project Management Office - Ting Internet - Remote
Remote, Austin, TX
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Program Manager, Enterprise Program, Project Management Office, Ting Fiber
As the Program Manager, Enterprise Program, you will:
- Address complex operational issues and problems, while developing strategic vision for the growth of enterprise team and overall PMO to position the business for rapid scale
- Work closely with multi-functional leaders to scale the revenue and operations of Ting Enterprise
- Provide leadership and coaching to reports, as well as communicate risks, scope, and updates to senior leadership and executives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing the Enterprise Program within the Project Management Office and leading a team of project managers as direct reports.
- Participating in strategic and operational planning of the Project Management Office, with a focus on enterprise projects, including planning, budgeting, staffing, and performance.
- Working hand-in-hand with leadership of residential and planning and special projects teams within the PMO and within Ting Fiber, you will help drive the design and socialization of process enablement processes cross-functionally.
- Align with Sales and Enterprise Customer Support teams on deliverables, targets, and expectations as well as leading delivery-based discussions with project management discipline and best practices.
- Evaluating program effectiveness by creating, collecting, and analyzing data in support of key performance metrics .
- Partnering with business leaders to develop and strengthen existing data sets to develop more detailed cost and performance tracking, as well as to allow for more effective planning
- Supervising the work of project managers in the program to ensure that work is completed in accordance with established timelines, risk management strategies, and project management best practices.
- Providing reports and updates to senior management or other stakeholders.
- Be a positive change agent for the operation
- US travel up to 25%.
- All other duties assigned by manager
- Project Management Office, Senior Director
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Provider FTTH construction and service practices, with experience in enterprise fulfillment
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience
- 7+ years of program or project management experience
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- Keen understanding of risk management methodologies
- Organizational change experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage distributed teams
- Ability to be fully independent in execution of day to day operational responsibilities
- Proven ability to create documentation and processes, and critical metrics
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.