Product Analyst, Mobile
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As a Product Analyst, you will review, analyze and evaluate business systems, technical systems and end-user experience. You will also document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. The successful candidate will be familiar with relational database concepts, APIs, front and back-end development and client-server concepts and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
What you'll be doing
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Build Traceability Matrix to track the development and delivery of requirements
- Work with Mobile Engineering and Quality Assurance team to outline test plan to cover all approved and pending requirements
- Work with external vendors to document requirements and drive scope approval
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget
- Supervise project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Prepare technical status updates weekly by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Call out pending requirement decisions that may impact the overall delivery of features
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs of the client group
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations.
- Build informative, impactful and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
Skills you will bring
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- JIRA, Rally, Asana, Visio, Google Suite, MS Office Suite experience strongly preferred
- Telecommunications and/or mobile industry experience preferred
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Heaving documentation skills a must have
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Takes initiative requiring little or no supervision
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Software Design
- Business and Technical Analysis
- Teamwork and collaboration driven
- Process Improvement
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Great Communication written and verbal
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.