Strategic Planning Analyst - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the Opportunity:
Tucows is looking for a dedicated Strategic Planning Analyst to join our Ting Internet business. We are looking for an individual that wants to gain exposure to a diverse set of roles and responsibilities within our Internet business. We want you to be an instrumental part of our rigorous planning process and drive execution of strategic initiatives.
We want someone who enjoys a hands-on approach and can bring takeaways from previous analytical roles to help us scale the business. We need someone who knows how to build and utilize data analytics models to make confident decisions, define and prioritize tasks related to them, and also get them done. This opportunity is for someone that consistently delivers high-value work within a cross-functional role, and loves seeing the impact of their work in real-time.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Actively and consistently support all efforts to scale and grow the Internet Business.
Planning and Forecasting
- Partner with PMO and Finance to execute an agile re-forecasting framework
- Support on-going planning and evaluation process for new market selection and existing market expansion
Data Analysis and Reporting
- In partnership with cross-functional teams, build reports for key metrics to track and analyze progress against key operational targets
- Partner with cross-functional teams to improve processes for data integrity
- Partner with Product/Data teams to streamline reporting
- Support ad-hoc and time-sensitive strategic initiatives with cross-functional impact
Experience and Qualifications
- 2- 3 years of reporting, planning, and data analysis experience, preferably with startup, tech, and/or telecommunications exposure. Experience driving/executing cross-functional initiatives a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Excel, including complex formulas and financial modelling techniques. Experienced with SQL and Macro a must.
- Technically savvy, with ability to learn new systems (Data Analytics/Project Management)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and vendors in projects, including planning, progress tracking and reporting.
- Proactive in using data to identify risks and opportunities with respect to key business objectives and targets.
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; excellent attention to detail, result-focused, highly-organized and resourceful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with strong ability to form positive, cross-functional relationships
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with ability to handle multiple high priority projects and tasks
Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, finance, or related field
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.