Developer Support Lead - Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
At Tucows, we’ve crafted a Mobile Services Enablement (MSE) platform that allows our customers in the MNO/MVNO space to power all aspects of their business. We offer a clean and simple solution delivered via API that makes integration with 3rd party platforms effortless. Our MSE platform includes subscription management, billing and provisioning services, and supports 5G technology making it the ideal choice for our customers.
We’re looking for a Developer Support Lead who can take a leadership role in helping us build out our full scope support practices that provide developers working with our platform the tools they need to get the most out of our product. In this role you’ll be working closely with our Engineers, Developers, and Product Managers to detail how the platform works, provide support to customers who need our help getting our platform coordinated into their environment, and to test our solution to ensure we’re delivering a phenomenal customer experience to our partners.
- You are skilled at explaining complex technical problems and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You understand web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. SOAP and REST)
- You can write and document code in at least one language (Python, Ruby, Java, Go)
- You have experience interacting with and suggesting improvements to different UI platforms.
- You have a good relationship with command line environments and have a grasp of basic scripting and textual search and manipulation tools (grep, awk, sed, cut, etc.)
- You are a customer advocate who excels working with product managers and developers to deliver meaningful change to our customers.
- A demonstrable understanding and experience in at least one of the areas of Domains (inc. DNS, email, SSL), Mobile and ISP.
- Back-End, Application: At least two application-level programming languages of your choice. (Java, Go, Python...etc)
- Seek questions from developers about our integration tools and APIs
- Build and Maintain our Developer knowledge base detailing known issues and solutions, and extend our support infrastructure by crafting and writing diagnostic tools/scripts.
- Collaborate with our Product Management and Development Teams on activities such as root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis of incidents and service interruptions.
- Assist in the QA process for new platform features and/or perform platform testing to ensure our platform systems continue to run when software and hardware infrastructure upgrades occur.
- As the voice of support, utilize customer feedback collected through partner concerns to our Support Teams to identify and drive improvements in our products
- Write example code utilizing our APIs and platform interfaces to illustrate concepts or help prototype ideas in collaboration with customers
What you'll have:
- Progressive experience supporting customers in B2B software / SaaS organizations
- Excellent prioritization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ability to articulate sophisticated topics, issues and resolutions both orally and in writing.
- Previous experience developing software and a deep love for helping our customers tackle their problems.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.