Senior Manager, Residential Program, Project Management Office - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As the Senior Manager, Residential Program, you will:
- Address complex operational issues and problems, while developing strategic vision for the growth of residential team and overall PMO to position the business for rapid scale
- Work closely with multi-functional leaders to scale the revenue and operations of Ting Internet
- Provide leadership and coaching to reports, as well as communicate risks, scope, and updates to senior leadership and executives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Growing and encouraging operational systems thinking among team to design and meet planned production, budget, and velocity
- Driving the operations and delivery of residential projects, including planning, budgeting, staffing, and performance.
- Supervising the work of project managers in the program to ensure that outputs are in accordance with established timelines, scope and requirements.
- Developing and implementing risk management strategies as per needs of the projects
- Working collaboratively with functions along the planning, design, construction, and fulfillment lifecycle so that residential projects are executed in conjunction with enterprise and infrastructure projects
- Leading the project managers to developing project scope with multi-functional team members, including design/engineering, field operations and enablement, and sourcing and procurement.
- Working hand-in-hand with leadership of enterprise and planning and special projects teams within the PMO
- Providing reports to senior management or other partners.
- Partnering with business leaders to develop and strengthen existing data sets to develop more detailed cost and performance tracking, as well as to allow for more effective planning
- Evaluating program efficiency by crafting, collecting, and analyzing data in support of key performance metrics.
- Supporting the design and development of next generation of work order platform
- Together with Finance, crafting a cost tracking structure that is scalable, effective, and high in utility
- Be a positive change agent for the operation
- US travel up to 25%.
- All other duties assigned by manager
- Reports to Project Management Office, Director
- Proven ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Provider FTTH construction and service practices
- 7+ years of management and leadership experience
10+ years of program or project management experience
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- Experience in business operations and development and non-accounting finance
- Organizational change experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage distributed teams
- Ability to be fully independent in execution of day to day operational responsibilities
- Proven ability to create documentation and processes, and critical metrics
- Keen understanding of risk management methodologies
- Ability to supervise and empower others in distributed teams
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.