Program Manager, Customer Experience
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity
The Program Manager, Customer Experience helps build and maintain programs that increase organizational efficiency, promote automation and reduce customer support costs.
They work with individuals from all of Tucows’ brands to identify issues and implement practical improvements. They are trained in industry-standard analytical processes and assist others to apply them successfully.
With a deep understanding of Tucows’ various product offerings, they are able to expertly recommend solutions that make sense. Most meaningfully, this role helps to deliver business transformation and promote a culture of balanced change. They are a champion for process standardization across all of our brands!
- Capture and define program requirements, stakeholders, roadmap, desired outcomes and metrics critical to the success of the program. Prioritize improvements based on effort and expected gain.
- Work with brand-specific resources to help identify current constraints and compromises, as well as proposed counter-measures and assumptions hindering business development.
- Observe and analyze business processes using techniques including gap analysis, value stream mapping, and Plan-Do-Check-Act, Six Sigma, Lean, and other improvement practices.
- Create and regularly share easy to understand progress reports that quantify program success, critical metrics, improvement gains and risks/roadblocks.
- Lead regularly scheduled program meetings.
- Coordinate and present ideas in a concise and effective manner.
- Clearly define and communicate program plans, goals and expectations.
- Optimally prioritize multiple programs in various stages of implementation.
- Possess a proven understanding of statistical methods and process improvement techniques.
- Empower team members to contribute their best effort to a program.
- Six Sigma Certification or previous project/program management experience an asset.
In order to be considered for this remote position, you are required to have a Fiber, Cable or DSL Internet connection with a minimum of 10Mbps download speed and 5Mbps upload speed or higher.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.