Intermediate Product Designer - Remote
Remote, Ottawa, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
At Ting Internet, our mission is to strengthen connections with customers, businesses, and communities as well as champion their growth by being the most reliable and customer-centric ISP. We believe that we > me and deeply care about the people we build for and work with.
Join an internationally recognized and hardworking design team of 20 and help build outstanding customer experiences. You'll own the end-to-end design process from discovery to the solution and build modern interfaces for websites, mobile native apps, and control panels. To learn more check out Design at Tucows.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can transform complexity into intuitive experiences that delight and help people accomplish their tasks. If this sounds like you, read on!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, and other Designers to ship modern products that people love.
- Craft functional interfaces that put people first, while protecting the integrity of our brand.
- Map user flows, create wireframes, and design informed product features.
- Partner with Researchers to test prototypes and hypotheses with our end-users and champion for their needs.
- Work with Engineers to ensure what we ship matches what we craft.
- Make informed decisions by translating quantitative and qualitative insights into design solutions that balance user needs and business objectives.
- Facilitate discovery workshops and present ideas and insights to cross-functional partners.
- Maintain design consistency by working with our design system (and help us expand and evolve it).
- Proactively audit and improve experiences across our products.
- Champion for product inclusion and building for diverse audiences.
Skills you will bring:
- 3-4 years of work experience in product design or UX, with a portfolio to showcase recent work.
- You thrive in ambiguity and love solving complex problems.
- An organized and proactive self-starter.
- A good speaker and presenter who shares their processes and ideas to reach alignment with the team.
- You have a positive personality and an outstanding ability to form productive relationships within an organization.
- An advocate for accessibility, diversity, and inclusive design
- Proficient with Figma (of course)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS
If this sounds like you, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.