Purchasing Business Partner - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
The Procurement team has an opening for an experienced professional to fill our new role for a Purchasing Business Partner within the Finance department reporting to the Director of Vendor Management. In the Tucows Procurement team, our aim is to unlock value for Tucows to reinvest in the growth of the business. We do this by bringing velocity, efficiency, and security to buying at Tucows while partnering deeply with the business as financial stewards. In this role, you will work in a team environment supporting a business model that is high-growth, fast paced, and constantly evolving. As a member of a larger team, you drive a number of procurement-related activities such as guiding vendors through our shifting needs and supplying internal clients with sound purchasing advice. You will collaborate across teams acting as a strategic resource and trusted advisor to develop new procurement approaches and seek complex business problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- For strategic vendors, manage entire supply chain cycle from purchase order to receipt
- Collaborate with internal customers with a high degree of customer service, to troubleshoot real time critical procurement issues
- Work with Procurement management to develop, implement, and maintain purchasing policies, procedures and work instructions for purchasing and contract management
- Work with Procurement management to help drive the implementation of regional procurement strategies that enable our business to scale
- For strategic inventory, work with internal partners to monitoring & maintain appropriate levels of inventory to minimize business risk and improve financial efficiency
Supplier Management (25%)
- For strategic vendors, establish & maintain formal or informal terms of service with the supplier
- Leading strategic supplier relationships to establish performance expectations, supervise and maintain scorecards
- Own, drive, and manage strategic external partnerships with an emphasis on service terms and obligations, acting as an escalation point for critical procurement issues
Manage contract compliance for key categories of spend and suppliers
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, quantitative, or business field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, and supplier management
- SCMP or CPIM designation an asset
- Supplier Relationship Management (e.g. SLA's management, performance, score-carding)
- Dedication to continuous improvement, bias to action and efficiently translate strategies into impactful plans.
- Effective analytical skills that drive creative problem solving paired with leadership skills.
- Keen attention to detail, organizational behaviors, and advanced Excel skills needed
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.