Construction Project Manager - 6 month contract - Remote
Remote, Denver, CO
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
This is a 6 month contract only.
- Primary driver of multiple construction projects involving different build methods and a wide variety of internal and external partners
- Track, analyse, and report on metrics as related to production volume, cost management, and delivery velocity.
As part of the Residential Program within the Project Management Office (PMO), you will report directly to the Residential Program, Program Manager.
- Managing multiple concurrent construction projects:
- You will ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- You will act as an operational expert to fulfill a wide variety of strategic and tactical tasks and address issues as they arise, as well as design solutions to streamline future process/procedure.
- Responsible for procuring and tracking critical construction project components
- From permits, materials, to contractors, you will ensure that necessary inputs for successful, large scale builds are ready and on track
- Tracking, analysing, and reporting on key production metrics are essential to this role.
- As a construction project manager,
- You’ll need to build cross-functional relationships to make sure that project plans are understood, executed, and championed by all project team members during the complete lifecycle of the build.
- This involves working closely with other members of the Networks team, operations, our vendor management team, support, marketing, product management and external suppliers You will be in the eye of the storm.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of project management experience in construction, utilities or telecom.
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Provider FTTH construction and service practices
- Strong program management skills: you will be expected to coordinate and schedule multiple long-term projects at the same time.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and vendors in projects, including resource planning, scheduling, progress tracking and reporting, and comfort with raising issues and escalating them to senior management if necessary.
- Comfort working in an agile environment that is scaling rapidly.
- Strong data, metrics and analysis skills.
- Strong customer focus and empathy.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to converse at both a technical and business level.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.