Customer Support Team Manager, Wholesale Domains
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the role:
Lead a team of 10-14 Customer Service Representatives, responsible for dealing with a variety of domain-related reseller issues. The Customer Service Manager develops standards for Tucows technical and customer support, provides technical mentorship to the staff, work closely with internal technical and business management personnel to resolve customer issues, and raise awareness to Senior Management and/or other departments accordingly.
Able to act as a point of contact for addressing support staff concerns when appropriate. This includes not only resolving issues but also acting as the reseller advocate, ensuring that the customer has the right product/service to meet their needs and requirements.
Accountable for providing leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, administration of quality measurement and evaluation of vendor performance for contracted services to ensure the optimization of resource use and the continual improvement of services from a client perspective. Responsible for alerting appropriate personnel of recurring problems and/or quality deficiencies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Call Centre personnel management including interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluations, mentoring and coaching of staff, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Create and champion a positive, motivating work environment where staff members are provided with the vital support and resources to develop.
- Develop and cultivate improved workflow strategies to enhance productivity, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of the current system and achieve customer satisfaction results; support and implement new and existing operational standards to ensure service mandates are met.
- Resolve escalated calls from Senior Customer Advisors. Improve the customers' experience by understanding and focusing on what is important, measuring how we are doing and driving the necessary actions to improve services provided. Recommend solutions where appropriate, to better meet customer needs.
- Leading all aspects of team performance, both individually and in conjunction with the other members of the management and senior team, including monitoring calls taken by call center staff as well as ticket, email and chat transaction review.
- Complete and submit activity reports, customer support stats, and project(s) status on a regular basis
- Ongoing review and revisions of training materials for all Call Centre activities. Conduct feedback sessions with Customer Service staff and consistently coach/develop employees with timely and constructive feedback.
- Acts as proxy with third party suppliers (these may be internal or external contacts).
- Maintain the team's alignment with the company’s strategy and goals.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years call center experience, in a leadership role.
- 2+ years in domain name management, web hosting, web development role will be an asset.
- Consistent track record to train /coach highly technical support staff and team leads.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to an evolving environment with potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership; self-directed.
- Able to think creatively and evaluate issues from a non-linear perspective.
- Able to tackle sophisticated problems rapidly and efficiently.
Nice to have:
- Post-secondary Degree or equivalent (education and experience).
- 2-3 years of work experience in a similar organization.
- Candidates must be capable of supervising a 24x7 workforce and willing to work during the evening and/or overnights.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.