Python Software Engineer, Mobile- Remote
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Tucows Wireless Services is building a new modern SaaS platform to help wireless companies operate around the world. The rollout of 5G networks in the US and elsewhere provides opportunities for innovation in the telecom space. And as an Internet company, our culture, experience and approach positions us well to take advantage of these. It is a thrilling time to be working with native 5G, and we’re looking for the right players to help us.
If you are a seasoned software engineer and this sounds like something you might like to be a part of, we may have a job for you!
We are inviting experienced Software engineers to join our team that builds and maintains a host of services to support our mobile platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide level of effort estimates for delivering features and meet commitments.
- Develop systems that follow an event driven architecture.
- Utilize Kafka
- Build, launch and support scalable, reliable distributed applications and resilient microservices.
- Write highly observable systems using any of Prometheus, Grafana and Datadog.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code using technologies such as Terraform, Nomad and/or Docker.
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
Who You Are:
- Have software engineering experience and a consistent record of writing elegant, maintainable, self-documenting code in Python.
- Have 5 years + of software engineering experience.
- Have experience with web frameworks such as Flask, Django, and FastAPI.
- Have experience with high volume API based applications utilizing technologies such as Traefik and Kong.
- Familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- Know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with people you work with.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- An engineer who’s worked for a mobile provider, especially MVNOs
Why Work With Us:
- Work in greenfield software development.
- Solve problems at scale for millions of people.
- Work with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with and learn from some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. If you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity, inclusive, employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please advise us, so we can provide suitable accommodation.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.