Marketing Operations Specialist, Mobile Devices - Remote
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
The Marketing Operations Specialist -- Mobile Devices, will own the smartphone and SIM card inventory from product launch through to end of life. You will collaborate with a large group of internal and external stakeholders to procure, launch, support and promote devices in the market, while ensuring adequate inventory levels are maintained.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage weekly device procurement process from planning to receipt
- Assist with forecasting demand related to marketing initiatives
- Manage new smartphone launch readiness process including SKU configuration, pricing and merchandising
- Lead device related execution of promotions and communications, both internal and external
- Work with key stakeholders for SIM card packaging and logistics
- Subject matter expert with operations counterparts internally and externally
- Daily and weekly reporting (orders, price segment mix, promotion tracking)
Skills you will bring:
- Experience with forecasting and inventory management
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and visual presentation of data; experience with Google Workspace (G Suite)
- Experience with using Project Management software (E.g. Wrike and Asana)
- Familiarity with mobile device technology and terms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Education: Business, or related degree preferred, but not required
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.