Key Account Manager
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
Ascio is looking for a German speaking Key Account Manager with excellent account management skills. The Key Account Managers role is to develop and grow profitable business by managing and developing a select group of partners. Our partners are typically medium sized and larger web hosting companies, telcos, Internet access providers and IP law firms.
- The primary role of the KAM is to commercially manage a portfolio of existing partners. The role will be supported by our technical teams.
- Develop business opportunities through selling new products to existing markets or by winning additional business through consolidation from competing domain registrars.
- Manage commercial contact to a portfolio of partners
- Identify business opportunities
- Pricing, invoicing and campaign activities
- Build strong relationships to managed accounts
- Win additional business by identifying and developing
consolidation offers; integrating contract requirements with technology
and business operations.
- Represent Ascio on exhibitions and conferences.
Qualifications and skills:
- Confident, proactive, thriving for a challenge and work
efficiently with the team
- You are thorough and analytical in your research
- Good presenting skills
- Fluent in German and English both verbal and in writing
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel / GSuite
- Outgoing personality and a positive attitude
- Organized, structured and reliable
- Good networking skills
- Possess a strong customer focus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from a similar role
- Demonstrated results in meeting sales quotas
- Good technical understanding
- Knowledge about domain names / DNS preferred
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.