Project Manager, Planning and Special Projects
Remote, Toronto, ON
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
As a Project Manager, Planning and Special Projects you will be responsible for providing strong project management and critical thinking skills to define, plan, execute, and close business-critical projects by leading cross-functional teams of internal and external members and communicating effectively with senior management and executives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the Special Projects group within the Project Management Office (PMO), you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Planning and Special Projects.
You will be part of a broader team of project managers who are responsible for the operations and delivery of projects key to Ting Internet’s rapid scaling. You will be responsible for projects that include but are not limited to:
- New market evaluation and due diligence
- New market end to end roll out
- Acquisition and Integration assessment, planning and execution
- Critical land acquisition
- Digital Divide efforts
- Short-term build project execution support as needed
You are expected to meet scope, time, budget and quality expectations for all projects, including the management and reporting of financial and delivery metrics. You will also lead team members through rigorous processes of risk identification and mitigation. As part of the Ting Networks team, you will develop strong, proactive, and collaborative relationships across the organization working especially closely with market development, business operations, and policy and legal teams.
Within the PMO, the Special Projects team will work closely with fellow PMs in the Residential, Enterprise, and Infrastructure teams to ensure that existing best practices are deployed, managed, and improved upon across the PMO team.
Occasional Domestic and International travel - 10%
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and embrace inclusive leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of Service Provider FTTH construction and service practices
- 7-10 years of project or program management experience
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- M&A integration experience is highly desirable
- Real estate experience is highly desirable
- Change management experience is desirable
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, and help others prioritize
- Ability to lead diverse, cross-functional, and senior project teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across multiple levels of the organization (senior executives, managers and SMEs)
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced environment, ability to manage constant changes in direction and priorities
Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.