Senior Network Engineer - Remote
Remote, Austin, TX
Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is on a mission to make the Internet better by providing people everywhere with online access to be empowered to make individual contributions. As a company, we embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and understanding to encourage freedom, inspire innovation, and promote inclusivity; creating an environment for everyone to thrive!
Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway. We are a 25-year-old global start-up embracing agility and creativity in order to continually seize opportunity for growth. We have evolved from a start-up domain service provider to becoming the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world while expanding our business with Ting, an Internet services company partnering with towns and cities to change what customers expect from their Internet Service Provider. We are building fiber networks across the US and have already launched Gigabit speed service in Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Colorado, Idaho and California, laying the groundwork for rapid scale.
Our growth has been incredible, smart, and measured, built on a solid technical and financial foundation. We have doubled our workforce in the last 4 years and continue in rapid expansion mode, providing services to millions of customers around the world.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Ting Fiber Network Engineering team. In this role, the care and feeding of the access (non-backbone) networks will be your primary responsibility: break/fix, capacity augmentation, and redesign when warranted. Implementation of new networks as Ting expands into new markets is another equally important responsibility, including extensive interactions with teams required to complete the work - field operations, outside plant, network infrastructure, product, customer support, program management, etc.
As a Senior Network Engineer, helping to set the tone and distribute the workload for the team is expected, so applicants with some prior leadership tendencies are preferred (but it is not required). It is expected that a candidate will be able to join the team and learn the Ting network quickly enough to become an escalation point for the other team members with a few months. Strong Junos OS experience is preferred. Additional skills will include proficiency with Cisco IOS, Calix XGS-PON and GPON, Adtran GPON, and ADVA FSP150 devices.
An ability to discover the environment in which you work is a must; as a point of escalation, it is possible that not every situation has been adequately documented in the network, and it will be incumbent upon you to be able to figure out how something works, and then document it so it doesn't become an escalation the next time.
This role is 100% remote, and hours are reasonably flexible. Minimal travel may be expected (once or twice per year), although this doesn’t apply during a global pandemic. Members of the team are located typically in the ET time zone, although peer teams have members in PT, MT, and CET. While not typical, it is possible to occasionally have meetings with other teams outside of a typical 9-5 schedule.
What you’ll be doing:
- Operating the existing Ting Fiber access networks (Junos/IOS using MPLS/OSPF/BGP)
- Converting legacy deployments to new standard architectures
- Implementing new networks in new markets per standard architectures
- Providing relevant feedback to improve architecture, when applicable
- Analyze and resolve access network issues in a timely and accurate manner: routing/MPLS issues, links down, ethernet switching issues, PON layer issues
- Proactively offer proposals to improve both the network and internal processes
- Participate in post-mortem analyses and propose/implement changes that will prevent similar issues from occurring in the future
- Drive monitoring efforts with NOC to improve tooling and resolution process
- Provide technical mentoring for junior engineering members
- Participate in the access network on-call rotation
- Communicate with NOC and leadership during outage situations - guide troubleshooting efforts and set expectations when appropriate
- 5+ years proven track record designing, operating, and implementing IP networks
- Strong Junos background
- IOS routing/switching experience
- A customer-centric focus to advocate for our users, peers, and the service as a whole
- In-depth understanding of different network architectures and protocols, their strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate uses
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate complicated technical concerns to non-technical individuals
- Comfortable using PM tools such as Jira, Wrike, Asana
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Google Meet, Google Workspace (GSuite), Slack, Lucidchart, etc
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.