Setting Sun 1.6.1
Although screen savers are not necessary, especially since most modern monitors can turn themselves off when they're idle, they still provide a nice distraction from a blank screen.
Setting Sun includes a wide range of high-end 3D plug-ins that are ideal for showing off an iMac or blue and white G3.
Setting Sun includes the popular Pipes screen saver from Windows!
Screen shots of each of the faders included with Setting Sun are available on the Faders page. The SDK for writing new fader plug-ins is available on the download page.
New features in version 1.5 include:
- Clock, Iconifier, Flash and Tunnel
- Full multiple monitor support, allowing multiple faders to run simultaneously across all displays
- New option to fade on startup
- Faders now run at the same rate, independently of machine speed
- Fixed crash opening preferences window if OpenGL is not present
- Fixed memory leak in Slide Show and Image Cube
For more information, including on later updates, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Setting Sun requires QuickTime, a PowerPC Mac and System 7.5 or later. To run the 3D faders, Setting Sun requires QuickDraw 3D and OpenGL.
These can both be installed using Apple's OpenGL installer, which can be downloaded from the Apple site.