Forest plays nature sounds, bird chirps, crickets and others, as if you were walking through a forest.
In addition to Forest world, you can also choose Garden World, Night World, or, my favorite, Storm World - with thunder and lightening.
In the preferences, you can choose random sounds instead of continuous sounds. You even have the option of building your own world by using the, what else, World Builder; however, this option is unavailable until the program is registered.
New in versions 1.2.0:
- Storm World II added.
- Redesigned World Builder.
- Better cache handling (Forest will not stop looping if your computer is busy).
- Faster engine.
- Total compatibility in the Classic environment of MacOS X.
- Removed every 68K code (the application is now 100 percent PPC).
- Better "About" box.
- Other interface improvments.
- Relax environments are now better read than in Relax itself (added cache support for Relax environments so that Forest wouldn't stop looping if your computer is busy).
- Bug fixes.
New in versions 1.3.0:
- The Forest World is now an external file, allowing a certain number of new features.
- Engine totally rewritten.
- The World Builder is now easier to use.
- Behaves correctly when QuickTime Player is opened.
- You can now change Forest's volume.
- Interface of the Main window updated.
- Better menu organization.
- Forest's pictures are now compressed (lighter and faster application; with all the new features, Forest is lighter than 1.2).
- Every crash fixed (such as type 10 errors).
- A few minor new features and a lot of bug fixes.
For more detailed information, including on later updates, please read the documentation or visit the home page.
Forest requires MacOS 7.6 or later and QuickTime 2.5 or higher. Forest is an application: you can launch it to use it and quit it when you don't want to use it. If you wish, you can create an alias of Forest in the Startup Items folder (located in the System Folder of your Macintosh). That will cause Forest to launch right after you start your Macintosh.